Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bad Role Models

If I could vote somebody, who is in the limelight all of the time, "off the island" it would be Miley Cyrus. This is because I believe that she is a bad influence for all of the children that used to watch her show, Hannah Montana, or her movie. I understand that when you get older, you want to do things that will appeal to a older crowd, not the 6-12 year old girls, but when they want to be like Miley, they might start doing the things that she does.


The main reason why I would vote Miley off of the island is because of her inappropriate actions, when she has many younger crowd fans. With her music video for "Party in the U.S.A" the way she dances can be termed "slutty". Many parents don't want there young girls seeing someone, like Miley, who is a role model to them dancing like Britney Spears, or Beyonce, on the Disney Channel. There are also pictures from her birthday party of her on a stripper pole, which is not appropriate for a 16 year old to be doing in the first place but, once again if some girls see this they might try to do the same thing.

My personal reasons and morals for wanting to vote Miley Cyrus off the island is because I beleive that she is a very bad role model for the girls who watch her. I believe that if I was a parent i would not want my child watching somebody who used to do a very popular childrens TV show dancing like a stripper in a music video that almost everybody will see at some point.

3 comments:

  1. I AGREE! I did my blog on Cyrus too, and two votes means she difinitely has to go!It's just so wrong knowing that you are an idol to so many girls and can be so careless of your decesions and actions.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. She is a very negative influence on teen girls everywhere. I understand wanting to be taken more seriously and to look/act more mature, but Miley's methods are all wrong. Her skimpy outfits and inappropriate actions take it too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with Lindsay, used to like her but she's changed too much for the crowds that follow her. This really sucks because they both did use to be really good role models, just shows what a few small decisions can change your life into.

    ReplyDelete